Intermediate School Library
Exciting things are happening in the Intermediate Library! Not only is our Media Center equipped to house thousands of books, magazines and movies, it is also the place to:
· Work on Jigsaw Puzzles
· Library Question of the Week
· Read in Spanish (Lee en Español)
· Play Chess
· Assemble Lego Creations
· Learn How to Access E-Books
· Hear a Story Read by the Librarian
· Play Educational Games
· Practice Origami
· Listen to Classical Music
· Learn Library Education
· Learn Typing Skills
Starting with their first visit, students are taught how to use Cat Jr., a search engine that they can also access at home or on their iPads. This user-friendly tool assists them in finding material by Author, Title, Subject, Series or a Visual search.
Additionally, the library publishes the bi-monthly newsletter Literally Speaking, which highlights what are students are reading, as well as spotlights an author and/or trending children’s literature.
This is also the home of the Paws on Pawns Chess club, which meets weekly after school from January to March.
We encourage our students to expand the walls of the library by reading outside when weather permits.
Come in and see all the fun activities that take place in our school’s library!
The Intermediate Library and Computer Lab is open daily from 9:00am – 3:30pm.
-Mr. Lehman, Intermediate School Librarian
(419) 468-3676 Extension 14114
- PTO Holds "Build-a-Mascot" Night for Primary and Intermediate Students As a fun community engagement night and to raise money to put back into the schools, the Galion Primary/Intermediate PTO held a “build-a-mascot” night for the students and their families. more
- Primary and Intermediate Habit 4 Winners 2020 The Galion City School District would like to congratulate the Habit 4 winners in the primary and intermediate buildings. Each month students are nominated by staff members for one of the 8 habits, and this month’s habit was Think Win-Win. more
- Intermediate School Leadership Clubs In the intermediate building for the last 3 years, the staff has taken it upon themselves to get the students more involved and to build character and contribution, so they have created different clubs for the students to join through the Leader In M more